Vanish – Dechlorinator Dry
Vanish – Dechlorinator Dry
- Immediately Removes Chlorine?
- Value Formula?
- Safe For All Aquatic & Domestic Animals??
Vanishâ„¢ will immediately remove chlorine that is present in city water supplies. Chlorine is toxic to fish, left untreated chlorine can cause gill damage and leave fish?unable to breathe. Use Vanishâ„¢ when performing water changes or setting up a new pond.
Trade Name: CrystalClear ® Dechlorinator (Dry)
Name and/or Family or Description: Sodium Thiosulfate
Chemical Formula: Na2S203 (anhydrous)
Na2S203 + H2O (solution)
CAS No.: 7772-98-7 (anhydrous)
DOT Proper Shipping Name: Chemicals Not Otherwise Indexed (NOI)
DOT Hazard Class: Not Regulated
DOT Label: None
SECTION II – COMPONENTS (Hazardous & Other)
Hazardous Ingredients: None Known
None of the compounds are considered carcinogens by the National Toxicology Program, the International Agency for Research on Cancer, or the Occupational Safety and Health Administration nor are they known to be mutagenic.
SECTION III – PHYSICAL DATA
Appearance: White Granules
Boiling Point: 100 ° C
Melting Point: 48 ° C
Vapor Density: N/A
Solubility In Water: 42 @ 0 Degrees C (hydrate)
33 @ 0 Degrees C (anhydrous)
Storage Conditions: Store tightly closed in cool place away from acids or oxidizers.
SECTION IV – FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD DATA
Flash Point: No Flash Point
Ignition Temperature: N/A
Flammable Limits: N/A
Special Fire Fighting Procedure: Firefighters should wear self-contained, NIOSH-approved breathing apparatus to protect against any release of toxic and/or irritating fumes. Skin and eye protection should also be provided. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool and to knock down fumes.
Unusual Fire Explosion Hazards: If involved in a fire, toxic and irritating gases and residue may evolve.
Extinguishing Media: If involved in a fire, choose extinguishing agent most suitable for type of surrounding fire. Material itself is not combustible.
SECTION V – HEALTH HAZARD DATA
EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE: Possible allergic response or irritation in affected individuals to skin contact, eye contact, or inhalation of dust from product.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS PRONE TO AGGRAVATION BY EXPOSURE: Individuals with known allergies, particularly to feedstuffs or enzymes, as well as those individuals with chronic respiratory diseases or particular susceptibility thereto and those with asthmatic conditions should avoid contact with dusty conditions.
PRIMARY ROUTES OF ENTRY: Ingestion and Inhalation, no appreciable entry known through intact skin although irritation possible, see above.
CARCINOGENICITY: THIS MATERIAL IS NOT CONSIDERED TO BE A CARCINOGEN BY THE NATIONAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAM, THE INTERNATIONAL AGENCY FOR RESEARCH ON CANCER, OR THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES
Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. If short of breath, give oxygen, provide a qualified operator is available. If symptoms persist, get medical attention.
Ingestion: If conscious, promptly give 2 to 4 glasses of water and induce vomiting by touching finger to back of throat. If symptoms develop, get medical attention.
Eyes: Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical assistance.
Skin: Wash with soap and water, then flush with water until all chemical is removed. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
CAUTION! KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. MAY CAUSE SKIN OR EYE IRRITATION. STORE IN COOL DRY PLACE. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND CLOTHING AND EXCESSIVE INHALATION. WASH HANDS, CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT AFTER USE.
SECTION VI REACTIVITY DATA
STABILITY: Stable POLYMERIZATION: Will not occur
CONDITIONS TO AVOID: None Known
MATERIALS TO AVOID: Strong Oxidizers: cause vigorous exothermic reactions.
Acids: release sulfur dioxide gas
Water-Reactive Materials such as sodium: cause strong exothermic reaction with the hydrate.
Violent reaction with sodium nitrite when water of crystallization has been driven by heating.
HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: SULFUR DIOXIDE GAS: toxic, corrosive, and an oxidizer. SODIUM SULFIDE RESIDUE: flammable, dangerous fire risk: strong irritant to skin and tissue: incompatible with acids.
SECTION VII – SPILL, LEAK, AND DISPOSAL INFORMATION
Waste Disposal: Dispose of in a sanitary chemical landfill which complies with all local, state, and federal regulations.
Spill Or Leakage Procedures: Promptly shovel or sweep up the dry chemical into an empty container with a minimum of dusting. Cover and store as above. Contact appropriate regulatory authorities for approved method of disposal, as necessary.
SECTION VIII – SAFE HANDLING AND USE INFORMATION
Permissible Concentrations: Not established
Respiratory Protection: If dusty or misty condition prevails, use dust or mist respirator, approved by NIOSH. If sulfur dioxide should be released, use a supplied-air respirator or self-contained breathing apparatus or other alternative choice, approved by NIOSH, as recommended for this gas.
Ventilation: Provide LOCAL EXHAUST if dusty or misty conditions prevail, and if there should be a release of sulfur dioxide gas. Keep incompatible materials out of hoods, ducts, ect.
Other Protective Equipment: Eye wash facility
Storage and Handling: Maintain good housekeeping, avoid creating aerosol. Keep out of direct sunlight and in cool dry place as deterioration of product and loss of activity may occur under above conditions.
Eye Protection: ANSI approved safety glasses with side protection. It is generally recognized that contact lenses should not be worn when working with chemicals because contact lenses may contribute to the severity of an eye injury.
Skin Protection: Long sleeved shirt, trousers, safety shoes, and gloves.
Hygienic Practices: Wash hands after handling, as well as any other affected skin areas. Avoid contact with food or food preparatory surfaces. If this occurs wash the area thoroughly with suitable detergent and water.
SECTION XIV- SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
Precautions To Be Taken In Handling And Storing: Maintain good housekeeping, avoid creating aerosols. For maintenance of product quality, store in dry cool (under 110 °F) warehouse conditions.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
ALTHOUGH THE INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SHEET ARE BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT AS OF THE DATE HEREOF, WINSTON COMPANY, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF SUCH INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS. WINSTON COMPANY, INC SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF WHATSOEVER NATURE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULTING FROM THE PUBLICATION OR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON SUCH INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO ADVISE ANYONE WORKING WITH OR EXPOSED TO SUCH PRODUCTS OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.
NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR OF ANY OTHER NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT OR TO THE INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS HEREIN MADE HEREUNDER.
Winston Company, Inc. has lead the biological water treatment industry for over 25 years now by offering only the highest quality bacteria and enzyme solutions for municipal wastewater treatment, sludge treatment and pond treatment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.